Thursday 28 February 2013

Sprouts Everywhere

Well I started my sprouting about 2 weeks ago and now they are starting to take over my house, it honestly looks like a greenhouse in here. This is just the start!

I planted my Broccoli and Onions at the same time and my Broccoli was so quick to sprout that I have had to already move it into bigger pots. The onion was a bit slower but I just bought some bigger pots today to transfer them over this weekend.


This week I planted Celery on Tuesday but it should have been planted much early. I haven't been able to find it but just happened across it at H & H Goode where I get my pig feed. A friend of mine told me its a wonderful plant and very resilient but also needs a lot of water. It does say to pre-plant 10-12 weeks before the last frost which would be like beginning of February. We'll hope for the best, no sprouting yet as you can see.


This weekend I will also be starting to plant all my various types of peppers (Jalapeno and Regular Red Peppers) as well as my Strawberries. With both of these plants I need to keep the temperature around 18c. Not sure how I will do this, might have to bring in a heat lamp from the barn (sorry Quail).


No comments:

Post a Comment