Wednesday 6 February 2013

Our First Purchase

Without hardly any time to do anything I just HAD to have a few animals. I had been told to follow http://bedrockandbrambles.blogspot.ca/ by one of my employees at the golf course (I'm the superintendent at Foxbridge Golf Course). This quickly led me to emailing them about purchasing 5 Golden Laced Wyandottes. My girls have settled in nicely, while I tried to fight the freezing waterer for quite some time I went out about a month later and purchased a heated waterer from Sunderland Co-op and honestly I don't regret it at all. It has saved me so much trouble and worry about my girls always having water available. I am using feed from Merrylynd Organics in Lakefield Ontario which was suggested by Andrew from BedrockandBrambles. I'm just running out now and will make sure to put a new order in right away as they like to know ahead of time.
Here they are! They have nesting boxes and a perch but I guess instinct tells them to get as high as possible so they sleep way up high in the rafters. I can let them out during the day at right before dark everybody is back inside safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment