Saturday 27 April 2013

Bye Bye Babies!

Well the little piglets got picked up today by their new owners.

I feel a great comfort knowing that they will go on to live a great life at a great new home. It's so nice to meet people that have the same ideals and the same respect for animals that you do. My biggest worries have been about where my livestock will end up and if they will end up with people that treat them well. I am lucky that these two baby girl piglets have ended up in a home that intend to use them as breeding sows and hence keep them for an indefinite time. Although I am not naive enough to think that this will happen all the time I do hope that even if they end up heading towards a life destined for the slaughter house that their life leading up to that will be respected. I wish I could keep them for myself but to be able to live a sustainable lifestyle we need to create somewhat of a business out of our farm. This gives us the ability to be able to take a small stand against the commercial industry. We need more people on this band wagon to make an impact but knowing I am not contributing to the abuse of animals that sustain us is enough for me right now.

  
The babies heading to their new home
WE WILL MISS YOU GIRLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment