Sunday 16 June 2013

Trouble in Paradise

Well, things have been going quite well on the farm. In most respects.

So far I have planted, corn, sunflowers, swiss chard, a herb garden, asparagus, carrots, lettuce, pak choi, cabbagem chicory, celery, tomatoes, peppers, jalepenos, radishes, peas, beans, brocolli, cauliflower, onions hahaha. Now I think I just wait.....oh right and weed the garden every 5 minutes. We have some sort of bamboo growing in our garden that is absolutely nothing but a nuisance and completely invasive.

Today when I was working in the garden I had let all my chickens out. My baby chicks are now growing wonderfully and looking great lately. I went into the house to grab a drink and bam......fox attack. 4 chickens got killed. My gorgeous Light Brahma hen, my little cute blue cochin girl, a barred rock and a white crested black polish. So sad. It was terrible.

On another note one of my chickens that went broody I put some eggs under her which should hatch this Wednesday. You never know what is around the corner. Today was definitely a setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment